Mr Moses Ekpo MFR is Governor Udom Emmanuel's running mate for the 2019 Governorship Elections.
For over four decades, Ekpo has served as Proof Reader, Reporter and Editor in several Nigerian newspapers and broadcasting organizations.
He served in senior editorial and management positions in the Daily Express, Daily Times, West African Pilot, the Morning Post, Eastern Nigeria Broadcasting Service and Western Nigeria Broadcasting Service.
He has been the Nigerian country Correspondent for the Voice of America (VOA), Deutsche Welle (Voice of Germany) and the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
He has a diploma in Journalism from The London Polytechnic, U.K, a degree in journalism from University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.A, a certificate from the World Intellectual Property Organization Academy (WIPO), Geneva Switzerland.
He was Publisher and General Manager of Cross River State Newspaper Corporation, Publishers of the Nigerian Chronicle Group of Newspapers.
He founded the Pioneer Newspapers in Akwa Ibom State and served as Chief Information Officer in the Cross River State Government as well as the Chief Public Relations Officer to that Government.
Other offices held include: Assistant Director of Information and Acting Federal Director of Information.
He also held the following positions:
• Director of Nigerian Information Service with concurrent accreditation to Europe and the Americas.
• Chief Executive Officer, War Against Indiscipline, WAI.
• Commissioner for Information, Social Development, Youths & Sports, Cross River State and Akwa Ibom State.
• Director, Nigerian Copyright Council.
• Director-General, Nigerian Copyright Commission.
• President of the General Assembly of the World Intellectual Property Organization.
• Federal Commissioner, National Population Commission, Abuja, a position he held until his election into office as the Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State.
He is also:
• Fellow, Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria, APCON.
• Fellow, British Institute of Management.
• Fellow, World Intellectual Property Institute.
• Fellow, Institute of Managers and Administrators of Nigeria.
• Fellow, Nigeria Institute of Public Relations, FNIPR.
• Member, Nigeria Union of Journalists.
• Member, British Institute of Public Relations.
• Associate Member, Guild of American Newspaper Editors.
• National Award of Member of the Federal Republic (MFR).
He was born Dec 22, 1941. He is strong, healthy and kicking.
He is currently Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State.
By Aniekeme Finbarr